Account Manager, ReputationInc
We’re hiring – join our team
ReputationInc is a leading reputation management consultancy providing advice and support to some of the world’s most admired global brands. We’re on the hunt for new talent to meet growing client demand for our international communications and reputation management services focused on building and protecting reputation.
We’re looking for an experienced account manager to join our London team. The ideal candidate will have honed their knowledge and skills in an established communications environment or management consultancy. They’ll be strong on client relationship management, well versed in all aspects of strategic communications, and be a team player and self- starter in equal measure.
They’ll be excited about working with a consultancy that helps companies and organisations not only communicate effectively, but challenges them to do things differently to build reputation.
We want to hear from you if you’re:
- An analytical thinker and problem solver
- Strategic and intellectually curious
- A natural writer and content creator
- A confident presenter
- Adept at juggling client demands
- Passionate about exceeding client expectations
- Digitally savvy
- Commercially minded
- Comfortable working with a flexible brief
- Decisive, proactive and results orientated
- Creative, resourceful and organised
- Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic
- A team player
- A fluent English speaker
- Undertake stakeholder insights gathering and mapping
- Help design new research models to uncover a range of insights
- Help develop reputation strategies
- Craft content such as messaging and narrative
- Help companies develop and articulate their vision, purpose, mission and values
- Develop content to train business leaders and employees in all aspects of reputation management
- Coach and train business leaders and employees in reputation management
- Build impactful campaigns that position organisations as thought leaders
- Undertake scenario planning on risk and issues
- Service multiple clients in a matrix structure and prioritise deliverables
- Create powerful presentations for client and new business activity
- Build relationships with stakeholders
- Develop specialist expertise in our offer
- Contribute to intellectual property development in reputation management
- Mentor junior colleagues in different aspects of reputation management
- Support our marketing and new business activity
As many of our clients are global or European headquartered companies, this role will involve some travel outside of the UK.
Any candidate should be able to use a wide range of digital tools and be highly proficient across MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint (intermediate level). It would be desirable to have experience of analytics platforms and tools.
We expect candidates to have at least four years of experience in consultancy or related fields.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with seasoned reputation practitioners in the industry and gain an enviable client portfolio.
If you meet the job specification and want to develop your career in a small, dynamic consultancy that challenges reputation thinking and practice then we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you’re interested and suitable for the role.
We’ll offer a highly competitive package for the right candidate.
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Monday, June 18th
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org